To the centre of the city where all roads meet waiting for you

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All These Things That I've Done in Brandon Flowers' Boots

much to the horror of some of my friends, ive re-going through my killers phase from elementary/middle school.  ("again??" "OH GOD NOT ANOTHER OBSESSION, PLEASE NO!")
i still credit them for being understanding though :)




To explain all this madness and nonsense, I am trying to win Brandon Flowers' (frontman of the Killers) boots. The same ones he wore on their 2009 tour, and in their London ROYAL ALBERT HALL DVD.
I have 30 seconds to show where would I go, what would I do, and why i should win those boots.
 I believe he would go to San Francisco, and pass out free flowers on the Golden Gate Bridge because that's just what he would do. My first instinct was to go and find a way to interact with crowds - that's exactly his personality. Of course beforehand, he would have to go to the grocery store and buy some flowers, and dance to Mr.Brightside in the grocery aisle with flowers in hand, à la Morrissey. So now I've had my Morrissey moment and my BF moment too. and of course i dressed up like him, how could i not??

it's in black and white, and anton corbijn/hedi slimane/ kathryn bigelow/sophie muller inspired. i think its coincidental that k's first vid was a new order music video, and the killers got their name from a new order music video, and im making a music video for them now. fate strikes again!

I've been obsessing about brandon flowers' boots and pants for a month now. Every time I watch the killers royal albert hall DVD, I look for the boots and pants. They're absolutely rock n'roll, and perfect. i spent most of friday afternoon (a month ago) looking for combat boots like his - i finally settled on a pair of flowered doc martens

GET THIS. RIGHT AFTER - i go on tumblr for my daily favorite bands fix. someone posted a link to a brandon flowers boots contest that had been announced 5 minutes before i saw the link. i almost had a friggin heart attack. it couldnt be. IT HAD TO BE FATE. what else can explain me spending hours looking for boots JUST LIKE HIS, and then a contest for the real thing is announced just minutes after im done searching? destiny was calling me.. :)
i remember when i had my torn duct taped purple converse, people would tell me that if i wore them to concerts, rock stars would take pity on me and give me shoes.

and of course, like all good stories - this one is connected to the cure. and shoes. because we all know that in reality im an old man existing with a pair of  duct taped purple converse for a face.
I went to my first music festival and concert (download festival 07 -she wants revenge, AFI, black rebel motorcycle club, THE CURE!!!)  in these shoes. Met: one of my music industry heroes, online cure friends  for the first time, new cure friends made on the spot. i wore these in the press pit for 65daysofstatic...JASON COOPER (cure drummer) HUGGED ME WHILE I WAS WEARING THESE SHOES!!  the shoes.. its always about the shoes.

so before i start hyperventilating and jumping on my chair (too late for all that), i'd like to thank those who knew of the project and supported me, the rest of the Victims (killers fan club) for welcoming me and lyndsey - the best cinematographer i could ask for.

try to find all the killers references in the vid!

The Trouble With San Francisco (making of the vid pt. 1)
Let's Dance to the Killers @ the Grocery Store (making of pt 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment